- The larger the disc, naturally the more energy is available.
- The disc’s reversal force is proportional to its area as well as to the temperature differential.
- The accuracy of an element is about 3°F.
- For temperatures below 250°F, use a differential >15°F.
- For temperatures above 250°F, the differential should be at least 25°F.
- Remember that all snap elements show some creepage, and this creepage is influenced by the temperature differential. The greater the differential, the less the creepage.
- Due to the variety of shapes, alloys and forming methods, no set formula has been established to give accurate design specifications. Therefore, we have set up the Demaich Samples Lab specifically to answer your questions.